Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pure Imagination

I heard this song on a commercial this morning and it immediately brought me back to when I was about 7 years old. My mom would drop my brother and I off at the movie theater while she would go shopping. Back in the day there was just one movie playing in the movie theater. My favorite snack was a big ol dill pickle and a Coke. The movie, "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and this song just reminds me of being a child and carefree. I really felt in this movie I was there with Willy Wonka, touring his factory. Something about Gene Wilder. He was odd, but at the same time something about him was comforting. I knew all along he would take care of Charlie in the end. It was in his eyes, a certain look. Gene Wilder was a genius that way.

I did of course see the remake "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and usually Johnny Depp can do no wrong in my book. But he could not match Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka. I enjoy watching the original with my kids and it has always been a favorite in our household.

When I hear this song I wish I could be a little girl again, just for a little while.

Come with me and you'll be In a world of pure imagination.

No comments: